8.30.2013

Pumpkinhead is Already Back on Tap?!

 
Seriously....how is it already Fall time?!
 

Change is definitely in the air.  The mornings are colder, I see millions of pictures of kiddos being sent off to their first day of school on my Facebook, and I'm starting to see millions of ideas for Halloween and Thanksgiving pop up on my Pinterest!

And I think to myself....where the hell did our summer go? If you missed it, you can check out what we did on our "summer vacation" here.  But then I remembered.....it rained a lot of our summer here, so that's probably contributing to why it's kind of crazy that Fall is already here!

A huge kicker for me?  When I was a kiddo myself, we would always go blackberry picking the last days of summer right before school started again.....and lookie there.....the blackberries are out full force.  *sigh*

I've started pulling out my yarn in piles, and looking at patterns to make legwarmers and sweaters for Princess, and new sets of hats and mittens for both the kiddos.  Shipyard Pumpkinhead is back on tap at the restaurant that I work at, the acorns are dropping, I've started thinking about Halloween costumes, and it's constantly in the back of my mind that the kiddos birthdays are only around 2 months away..... *sigh*

<3

Maine Fall foliage is amazzzzzzing!!
 
 
This is NOT what pumpking carving looks like at our house.....
 
 
 
It's definitely more like THIS.......
Dude, Halloween 2011
 
 
 
Our Halloween last year......
our house caught on fire that day (SERIOUSLY!), hence why my kiddos look like ragamuffins and I have a somewhat crazed look in my eye.....
 


Dude is going to be starting Headstart in a few weeks....as in: going to a center for two half days a week....I am plagued with whether or not I need to go "school shopping."  And even though I know that I don't really have to do this....I find it hard to pass up walking through the aisles full of crayons, folders, and "box top" items. 

Speaking of "box tops".....I seriously need to figure that business out before Dude actually gets into Kindergarten I think.

The last, and biggest sign that Fall is here?  Seeing signs for the county fair that will be coming in a couple of weeks.  This is the craziness that means that it's truly Fall!  The fair is always a big deal around here!  We all love going, and S and I make sure that we get to go by ourselves at least once (except for the year that I was pregnant with Princess....because really, what fun is going to the fair without going on rides?)  The last few years Dude has loved seeing the animals, the maple syrup shack, and last year he got to go on lots of rides!  Princess loved seeing all of the animals last year too and S is so excited to take Dude to the Demolition Derby this year!

S and Dude on the merry-go-round 2011....
because I couldn't even go on THAT ride while I was pregnant!  But S loved taking Dude on it :D
 

Fair 2011....yes I'm wicked pregnant in this picture!
 
 
 
Princess last year....
basically looking at me like "You are CRAZY mama if you think I'm touching that sheep!!"





Am I so ridiculously excited that Fall is here?  Of course!  I love Fall holidays, baking more, knitting all the time, planning birthday parties, sitting in front of the fireplace with S, sweaters, and scarves.....
 
BUT I am NOT excited to be cold, to have to get a fire going in the fireplace every morning, to shovel snow, etc etc.......
 
I'll stop talking about it now.......
 
 
YAH FOR FALL!!!  :D


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment