7.11.2013

A Visit to Boston!! {{AKA Lots of Fun with a Hint of a Ridiculousness Situation}}


Ahhhhhh Boston, I was thinking back, and I'm pretty sure that the last time I was in Boston was back in 2007....what is wrong with that statement?!  THIS trip was a million times different!  The biggest difference...kids, a hubby......and the fact that we were meeting up with Ss daughter who he hasn't seen in 3 years.  And K would be there with the Ex and her latest boyfriend.  You can read all about it here, and what my thoughts about the siutation were.  Trust me, you might want to read about the background of this scenario before you continue reading this post!!


The day started off awesome!  We actually woke the kiddos up around 5am (*gasp*) so that we could get headed on the road by 5:30 or so.....a quick diaper change, getting the Dude to pee (we left them in their PJs) and we set off! 

About 1/2 hour into the trip!


annnnnnd 2 hours into the trip! LOL!
 
 
The driving was annoying but short, we parked right in the parking garage right next to the Boston Aquarium (and prepared to give up Dude as payment at the end of the day), got the kiddos dressed (yes, in the parking garage, I know I know, we're such horrible parents!), waited in line, and waited for a text from the Ex.   She told us she was inside....so we headed on in. 
 
Talk about the most awkward meeting up everUgh.  You would think that the Ex would try, maybe even a little to....I don't know, at least make her boyfriend feel more ok with the situation.  K just stared at S like she didn't even know he was going to be there (Ex had told us the night before that she hadn't told K yet, so I guess she never got around to it).  K and S hugged, and yes S introduced the kiddos as K's brother and sister!   Did the Ex introduce her boyfriend to her ex-husband, Ks real father?  Nope.  Did the new boyfriend bother introducing himself to Ks real father?  Nope.  Good job trying to make yourself look good.  The guy wouldn't even look at us.  Ridiculous.  And miss hypocritical Ex, the one who told me that I had to dress appropriately....yup.  She was dressed so appropriately in her nasty short shorts.  But hey, that's ok.
 
 

S and I checked Princess' stroller in the main lobby, and we all went into the main aquarium that has a huge penguin area, Dude loved it!  Ohhhhh but guess what?  K was led off by the Ex and Boyfriend. Big surprise. And that's the way that the rest of the next two hours went.  K was continuously led off so that we were never really hanging out as a group.  We were all around each other for maybe 45 minutes the entire time.  And whenever I tried to get pictures of K and Dude together....Ex would call K off... so ridiculous.  It's ok though, I still got some pictures! 



 






The four of us had an awesome time though!  Dude was so excited, couldn't stop moving and wanted to see everything he could!  Princess said "fish" over and over and it was so cool to see them looking at everything and being so amazed! 









After a little bit while, the aquarium got wicked packed, and it was starting to get really hot inside.  So after the 4 of us (yeahhh, the Ex was avoiding us again) visited the top of the aquarium, Princess was getting pretty cranky what with all of the walking.  We headed to the main lobby, drank lots of water, then S took Dude to the touch tank while I sat with Princess and gave her a snack.  Then we visited the gift shop and of course got the kiddos some small toys, and S gave me this really cool paperweight with a pink jellyfish inside!  He knows how much I love looking at the jellyfish in aquariums!  And then the awkwardness continued.  Ex, Boyfriend, and K were already outside and we all had to stand around while Ex and Boyfriend hummed and hawwed over what to do next.  S and I had said our kiddos needed to eat.  Ex and Boyfriend continued to be weird.  My response?  "We're wondering if you guys want to have lunch all together?!"  Jeez, you think these two were thinking with one brain.

We ended up walking to Quincy Market, and instead of heading for a restaurant where we could all sit down, the Boyfriend leads us to all of the vendors...inside.  So now we're walking in another wicked crowded area, that is stupidly hot, and S and I have 2 very cranky kiddos who are walking past a bunch of food they can't have.  I put my foot down and said we need to get to a restaurant and sit down.  So we did!  Imagine that. 

We ended up eating at the "Cheers" restaurant!  Was it cheap?  Ehh.  There were items that were reasonably priced.  The atmosphere?  It was great except for the fact that we had to deal with snarky looks from the Ex when we ordered drinks with our meals.  Seriously?  This hypocrite is going to get all snobby because I had a beer and S had a margarita with a meal?  It's not like we were downing Long Islands.  She needs to stop acting so high and mighty since I know she drinks too.  It was especially funny when S was talking to K, and he said something funny that the Boyfriend actually laughed at!  No, that's not the funny thing...the funny thing was that the Ex glared silent death at Boyfriend because he laughed at something funny that S had said.  This guy must have gotten quite the talking to before meeting us about how he couldn't be friendly to us in any way whatsoever.  That's sad.  S and K talked the whole time, and I got to get a picture of S, our kiddos, and K, even though K gave a snotty attitude face at the prospect of having her picture taken, and Dudes face is funny, and Princess is a sweaty mess, the picture is still pretty good!

 
 

We finally separated as a group! Wheww.  Then the 4 of us headed back towards the parking garage....and got distracted by this awesomeness!




In the Green between the aquarium and Quincy Market, there's this squirting water playground type thing.  There were so many people and kids there!  The day was so hot that we said "f*ck it" and let the kiddos play in the water!  The holes squirt water up in patterns and all the kids (and adults too!) run around trying to catch the water!  Dude had so much fun!  It was hysterical watching him get soaked and play with the other kids!  Princess?  Did not like the water squirting near her!  LOL!  Every once in a while she would go in, but then get really mad when she got some water splashed in her face....ah well.  S had so much fun playing with them...and yes I got in the water too!

After walking around the Green some more, we got the kiddos some ice cream, relaxed on the wharf for a bit watching the tour boats leave, and finally headed back for the truck.  We paid the ridiculous parking fee (well worth it if you actually stay the whole day - we were there from 10am to 5pm), and got lost trying to get out of the city!  Thank goodness the kiddos fell asleep so fast! Our GPS was leading us in circles the bitch that she is....when I finally got "home" plugged in....we were ok.  Until I realized that for some reason, "home" is still the address that I had in New York.....yeahhhh.  We were almost on I90 West and I was realllly confused because that was the way that I would always go when driving to NY.  I changed our direction really fast and S and I had a good laugh!  We stopped for gas, got the kiddos changed into their PJs (yup, they rode in the truck in their PJs so we could put them right to bed when we got home).....and we drove for about 4 hours....and got home.

S was so happy that he finally got the chance to see K, but he and I were beyond annoyed at how the Ex acted the whole time.  S did get to talk to K a little while we were in the aquarium...but really how fatherly could he act when K kept being dragged away?  S had so much fun with Dude and Princess and loved showing them everything.  During lunch S got more of a chance to talk to K and they had a great time talking.  It was cute watching Princess and K keep trying to get Ss attention! 

Did we spend way more money than we had wanted to on this trip?  Definitely. 
 
 But it was totally worth it!




Pin It

30 comments:

  1. Aww cute kids!! Thanks for linking up with us at the collective blog hop. Following all your sites. Hope you do the same! I would love to have you.

    http://www.nightchayde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :D Thanks for having the hop :) I will def be following all your sites too!

      Delete
  2. Your kids are cute! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I'm stopping by from the hop. Happy (early) Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) we did have a lot of fun:) Happy Friday to you too!

      Delete
  3. Newest bloglovin' follower from the Fun Friday Blog Hop! Come check out my blog when you get a chance: http://hotcommodityhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! I can't wait to check out your blog! :) Just so you know, I do have a problem with my Bloglovin' so it doesn't show my most recent posts...make sure to check it often! :)

      Delete
  4. wow you have an entire page dedicated to the ex wife? what are you some virtual stalker? you're mean! I don't like blogs like this. Should be called " my stay at home stalker life"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoever you are (since you don't have the balls to leave your name), your comments are really quite ignoratant. Anyone who read my blog would know what I actually write about :) It's too bad that you're reading this post and thinking that my entire blog is devoted to my fiances Ex. Any person with a brain would see that this post is about a trip that I took with my family :) And yes, that trip involved some unpleasantness that I wrote about :) If you don't like my blog, why do you feel the need to comment? If you don't like it, move along and be glad that we don't know each other in real life. :)

      Delete
    2. I've read more than one post about the ex on your blog. One in which you used a meme to call here a whore? I believe it is the one you linked in the beginning of your post. You shouldn't air your laundry until it's clean doll face. Just makes you look trashy. Oh and I'm not the same person as above. I think that person was a bit too nice. Last of all, if you want only positive comments don't spew hate and anger. Too bad we can't hear her side of things. Or can we? Does she blog about you? Where can I read it? Or is she a bigger person than that? I commented previously but you my darling didn't have the balls to leave it up.

      Delete
    3. LOL!! Find something better to do with your day than stalk my blog :) And yes I did take the earlier ones down...I find it funny that you've been watching my blog all day to see whether I did or not. But, you still don't have the balls to say who you are ;) I don't spew only hate and anger, but I DO calll 'em like I see 'em :) LOL! I really do appreciate all my haters who raise my stats so much! Thank you!!!

      Delete
    4. I don't know how to leave a name and I was just curious if you responded. I guess since your motives are always bad that you assume everyone else's are too? I feel sorry that this is your life.

      Delete
    5. Really a stalker? Some people have no life!! You go Celena, my Free Spirit you tell it like it is, I'm sure it helps other people in your situation, A is just jealous that you have a great family and can't take it that you handle yourself so well in "stressful, awkward situations. Love You Doreen

      Delete
  5. Amy Golden from Fort WorthJuly 12, 2013 at 3:28 PM

    So Im new to the convo but making sure to leave my name. hope I did it right. I found your blog on FB just now and Id have to agree, this is horrible. The poor kids involved. Does the ex know about your page. If you took out all of the posts devoted to her your blog would be empty. Pretty sad. This makes you and your life look pretty sad. I feel bad for you.
    Someone should tell the ex quick fast and in a hurry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry that you feel that way, but you obviously haven't gone through my entire blog. Yes K is involved, I will be her step mom...yes I talk about things that happen since it is a part of our lives. Of course the Ex knows about my page...she sends all of her "friends" over to leave nasty comments since she won't herself :) And since you have no idea who I am, what my life is like...don't feel bad for me :) My life is awesome and full of many pleasures :)

      Delete
  6. ok, so I am now just reading this blog, I have not read the others, but after reading this one, if it were more so about the vacation, you wouldn't have to mention the ex etc at least a dozen times, or how she looked nasty in her shorts etc. I was going to follow this blog but it's very childish, and I do see a "label" called (ex wife) that's a little on the extreme side. The only hater on this blog is you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's your decision :) Thanks for stopping by, and it's too bad that you can't be more openminded and look at the other posts before you decide to not follow me :) But hey, that's you. Have a good weekend!

      Delete
  7. you have cute kids!! i think it's what everybody are telling you♥

    thanks for joining the FUN FRIDAY BLOG HOP!

    huggies♥
    rea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having to spend time with an ex can be very difficult. I wish you were able to have a good relationship so you husband could enjoy time with his daughter and your children could build a relationship with their sister. It doesn't sound like that is possible. My first husband's ex would not try to get along with us either. My husband died when his son with her was 9, and my children were 2, 4, & 6. I was willing to try to have the children become friends and have a relationship, she wasn't. They have seen each other twice as adults. They are strangers. Hopefully your relationships will turn out better.

    http://agutandabutt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great time... Well... Maybe minus the crazy ex!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love for you to share and link up at my weekly TGIF Link Party if you haven't already this week. Your favorite posts, most popular, recent or new! The party is open every Thursday night and closes Wednesday's at midnight. Followed by (Not SO) Wordless Wednesday! http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/.

    I would be honored if you join us and follow to stay connected Have a wonderful week!

    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. yay for your visit to boston! looks like you had tons of fun! linking up via bloody marys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm printing out your blog in its entirety and sending it to Sean's work so he knows the drama Queen he is marrying. I'll send several copies to his family as well. They need to know about this garbage. I hate that you will be part of our family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Really? Please TELL me exactly where he works so that I can tell if you actually know me or not since you decided to write anonymously :) And if you think that my fiance and his family don't know about my blog, or that S doesn't already read everything that I write, then you actually don't know us :) Grow up and find something better to do with your time.

      Delete
  13. You must make your parents proud to have a spoil brat for a daughter.. you really need to grow up.. You seem to **tch about everything... what goes around comes around... the laugh will be on you one day.. Sound like old S is wrap around your finger to put up with this bull...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her WHOLE family is very very proud of her. She is a wonderful person, a sweet lady and FANTASTIC mom..........................Some people could take lessons!!

      Delete
  14. I just found out who the ex was by reading blogs and wow. you throw so much about her out there but the way I see it you took that man from her and it was that easy who says after you guys get married he wont do it to you? the hole getting married in his uniform is a joke too he got out with nothing and he couldn't handle the military what a bitch. you should just leave the ex and k out of all you're blogs and see how far you get with people liking you. But really tho he is a cheater that's what I am getting out of all of this. once a cheater always a cheater. you both need to grow up and get off the ex's tit and live you're own life's without her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lets get a few things out in the air here. This is Sean. Celena didn't "take me away" from my ex wife. Two weeks into my first Iraq deployment, also coinciding wth my 21st birthday, My ex wife started fucking my best friend. This led to any host of men living in my ex wife's grandmother's house, with her and my daughter for the remainder of the time since. As a matter of fact I tried to work things out when all this happened. That didn't work either, til I got home fom Iraq, was already commited to, at the very last, visiting Celena in New york to see how things worked out, and then she wanted to work things out and get back together... Too late. Yes Celena and I were "engaged" kinda silly, but guess what. It worked out well for me and we are getting married in a week.
      As to me not being able to handle the service, I served two tours in Iraq in my last year and a half of service. I did my time, and as my son was born while I was on my second tour I decided It was time to get out before I missed too much more from my kid's lives. You have no idea what happened while I was out there and I doubt you could handle it if you did. Don't be pathetic. Focus on your own life. Stay the fuck out of mine. Trashing people that have nothing to do with a blog is pretty low. Now I know about it and it's really not appreciated. Get off your ass and go do something outside.

      Delete
    2. Go Sean, I bet this A has never served our country or known what it is like to leave you children behind. I admit I had my reservations about you 2, but as time has gone on and I've seen first you and Celena together, then with Dude, and then Princess, Your a great dad, I'm just sorry that K can not be with you the whole time. I think she would find your life here extremely fun and adventurous. Life in the "Sticks" is great!! Love Doreen
      And by the way My name comes up as A cause I don't know how to leave my name that's why I sign when I'm done. I have balls............. well you know what I mean!! :)

      Delete
  15. Sean, I have tried to stay away from this whole thing however at this point I feel it necessary to call to your attention that printing something which is untrue and which causes harm to another person's reputation is called libel. It is actionable under civil law. You can be held responsible for what you print and post. Having said that I recommend you rethink your last post. The only part that is accurate is that you took up with Celena while married to your wife. Your "best friend" comment and the comments about people coming to/living in my home are untrue and you know this. I will follow up with appropriate legal action if there is any more libelous material posted. Please also be aware that this is the one and only post from anyone in our family. The negative posts on the blog are not, to our knowledge, from any one of your ex wife's friends or relatives. Gramma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we are so worried about libel, or in my lawyers terms, defamation of character (a much lesser charge) I would like to site http://www.musingsofasinglemama.com/2010/10/memories-good-and-bad.html
      Mentioning how "abusive I was to her" and how she had to lock herself in her room, whch never happened even once, I might add.
      Also she makes negative comments about my parents as sited here:

      "Because he would have to forgive me.

      And he would have to accept responsibility and forgive himself.




      I'm believe that he may, someday, be able to forgive me. However, I do not believe that he will ever be able to forgive himself. All his life he was told that he was a failure; that he would amount to nothing. He was abused, physically, emotionally and mentally, by both of his parents. I'm sure they would try to deny it, but I saw it. I'm not sure they understand just how much they truly damamged their son. I'm not sure they understand how much they influenced the man he is today. I'm not sure they understand that they played a part in all of the wrongs he has done."

      From: http://www.musingsofasinglemama.com/2010/11/just-to-be-clear-lies-vs-truths.html



      Also she amdits to what she did (I'll admit it's vague) in this paragraph:


      "I failed him...




      He should have been able to trust me... He should have been able to count on me... I should have waited for him to come home...




      I missed him so much those six months...




      I know it doesn't seem like it... I know I was with someone else... I know that I took the first step away from him... But that doesn't mean that I didn't wait for him to call... That doesn't mean that I didn't hope we could work things out... That doesn't mean that I didn't love him..."

      From This blog: http://www.musingsofasinglemama.com/2010/10/i-wish-i-could-go-back.html

      Also Kathleen and Caitlin have made some disgusting comments on Celena's blog sited here: http://mystayathomemamalife.blogspot.com/2013/03/a-letter-to-my-future-step-daughter.html

      These two girls said things that I would NEVER say to a woman. So please don't lie to the comunity by saying that you are the only one ever to have commented on Celena's page. Also Caitlin leaves her last name on her screenname, and KATH.UH.LEEN mentions her niece and how her sister is a great mom. Defeated again!

      Also I never mention my ex wife's name or my daughter's even once. Other than this comment, with how many people use this site, there's no way to prove that I am who you think I am. Since most of my sites are from my Ex wife's blog (who we are so worried about hurting her little feelings) I don't think you have a leg to stand on.

      I will close with this: Please don't refer to yourself as "Gramma" when you are communicating with me any more. My Ex wife and I have been divorced for going on 5 years now and I think it's getting towards high time to move on.


      Delete