5.30.2013

Hmmmm..I have been a little MIA lately haven't I?


Where to start?  Where to start?

It seems as though my writers block has been kicking in again lately, and honestly, I'm forcing myself to write this for you all.  I will be honest with you...I have lots of blog posts running around in my brain, but between the crazy long weekend and the rain that had taken over the state of Maine last week, I was unenthusiastic about writing.

I'm a little jealous of all you bloggers out there that write so consistently. 
I need to start a blog post schedule fast.


Why have things been so crazy?

Last weekend, my manager took the weekend off....I was enlisted to take over.  (Yes, I'm not a "technical" SAHM, but for heaven sakes, I only work maybe 3 nights a week...so in my eyes I AM a SAHM!)

What did this mean for yours truly?  That I was tired a lot mainly.  Starting Friday I went in to the restaurant, after shlepping the kiddos to my nanas house (5 seconds away but still, it's tiring getting them in and out of the truck!) then heading about 15 minutes away to open the restaurant (register and such)  and running any errands that needed to be run for the restaurant.  Picking up the kiddos, resting for a few hours, then going back to the restaurant to do any necessary stuff, then working for the night.  Does it sound tiring to you?  Well, it was.  Granted, my co workers let me go home early one of those nights, but after going strong all day, I was wired by the time I would get home every night, and stay up wayyyy past my bedtime.   To then get up and do it all again the next day.  I was grateful when Monday morning rolled around and I was off the hook!  Saturday and Sunday morning I didn't have to take the kiddos to my nanas because S had the weekend off of course, but it just meant trying to get breakfast for them and getting my butt out of the house on time....I was being nice to S because he was basically giving up his entire weekend too!  In the end it worked out really good - since S had worked extra hours on Thursday and Friday, he got to have Monday and Tuesday off which I had off too!

Well, everyone else does toooooo.....

Monday....it wasn't raining! We headed out for a family breakfast then S and Dude headed out to do some fishing....but the wind was wicked and when S tried to take the canoe out with Dude, the waves were basically about to knock the canoe over so I'm told!  S and Dude came home needless to say.  So we all headed out to do some yard-saling!  Yes, this is considered a pass-time where I'm from and we had a good time!  We got a new coffee table, some puzzles for Dude and a new pair of sneakers for Princess that look wicked cute on her!  That night we did some work for the wedding and relaaaaaxed

Tuesday the guys got to spend some wicked time on the canoe while I hung out with Princess at the beach on the lake, and picked lots and lots of lilacs (one of my favorite flowers!)  As I was picking the lilacs....I thought to myself..."What the hell?  Why didn't we try to make the wedding this time of year so we could have lilacs??"  *sigh*  No big deal!  I love our idea of flowers for the wedding!


Princess <3


Speaking of "wedding".....oh so much is in the works!  I'm going to get my dress fitted soon, and just looking at pictures of me wearing my dress today I got ridiculously giddy (yeah yeah I'm hysterical!).  Invitations have mostly been sent out (still a few to go), I talked to our town office today to see what we needed to do for our marriage license, I have lots of ideas for our playlist, and I confirmed the cake just the other day!

Bad news about the wedding?  My nightmares have not only not stopped...they're getting worse and more frequent and that sucks.

I have dreams that no one shows up, that it's raining, that S's parents still haven't shown up.  Ugh.  Talk about stress that makes me wake up frantic and anxious.  Guess this is what a real wedding is all about.


I've been reading a lot, so you should look forward to another reading material post from me. 

I've been stressing a lot, so I'm sure you'll read more about that too. 

*sigh*

And we're going to be planting our gardens this weekend hopefully so look for those pictures!

There is, like always, stupid sh*t going on with Ss Ex, so look for some of those rants soon too!

no, actually, I didn't.....
 

I'm still working on setting up my own blog hop, so look for that too because I would love it if all my readers joined up!  I'll definitely let all of you know!


Annnnd I guess that's it for now....
I actually think I'm going to try and get another post up after my run tonight now that I've got my "writing" juices flowing a little bit!






Pin It
 
 
 





2 comments:

  1. Just found you on the thirsy thursday blog hop and love your blog!

    Check out my beauty blog and giveaway:

    http://yourbeautyfixreviews.blogspot.com/

    http://yourbeautyfixreviews.blogspot.com/2013/05/summer-beauty-essentials-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would totally be game for your blog hop. I'm new so I'm looking to try new things. You can find the coolest things at Yard Sale's too! Your daughter is absolutely gorgeous. Cute picture. XO

    ReplyDelete