4.11.2013

Reading Material #1


There is a new series of posts that I want to do....if only for myself.  But I'm also hoping that all of you bookworms out there will appreciate these posts, and even maybe read some of the books that I will be talking about and recommending.

I haven't talked about books very much yet in my blog, but here's the thing:  I LOVE books.  With a severe, heart-filled, complete passion.  I have since I was a kid.  I would have a book in every room of the house, and would read that book, when I was in that room.  Honestly.  I took books in the car:  my mom eventually told me that I would have to stop reading so much in the car so that when I eventually got my license I would know how to get places.  I would religiously save my money to go to the bookstore.  I started reading college level books while I was in 5th grade.  All of my friends knew me as a reader.  My bedroom was lined with book.  My bookshelves to me, to this day, are a place that I love to just stand in front of and read the titles.  I am proud that my kids already love books as much as I do, that they always want me and S to read to them, that they already have an extensive library that I constantly want to add to, that they love the library as much as I do.  I could go on and on and on about how much I love books....let's sum it up with these, because there is no possible way that I could explain to anyone how much I love books and reading:






So, what I really want to do, is to start writing about the books that I'm reading and that I have read, because I love it when people read what I have recommended to them.....and yes, I will be talking about childrens books too!

What am I reading right now?  This awesome, mind-blowing, crazy good series:

 
 
 

 
Have you checked out these books by James Dashner?  Have you already experienced this craziness?  Because if you haven't honey, you need to get your hands on them.  Now.  Where would you find them?  In any section claiming that if you liked "Hunger Games"  this is what you should read next.
 

I will admit, I'm a ridiculously fast reader....it actually kind of sucks because I don't get a chance sometimes to fully enjoy the book.  I engulf myself in it so I devour it.  The same with these gems.  I finished the first one in a couple of days, and anyone with kids knows that that's not easy to do.  The chapters are short so that helps, but the action, and twists and turns are awesome, so you just might find yourself saying "just one more chapter..."
 
Should I really go into what these books are about?  Well, it's a little hard to explain.   It's set far into the future and because of devastating sun flares, a disease is running rampant all over the world. 
 
Unfortunately, I think that's about as much as I can tell you without writing the whole book all over again.  I promise you that the plot, although unfolds slowly in the first book, unfolds quickly in the next 2, and this only leaves you wanting to read more.  There's a boy named Thomas, you want to love, you want to hate, and who you cheer on constantly.  There are other characters who you can't figure out if you want to love or hate, but you cheer them on too, because you see, all of these characters are trying to stay alive and are trying to save themselves from an organization called "WICKED". 
 
Right now, I'm halfway through "The Death Cure" (yes, I got it from the library on Tuesday) and I'm dreading the moment that I finish it....because there's only one more book.  It's actually the prequel...the name slips my mind right now (cut me some slack, it's 11:30pm and it's been a long day for me).  But on the other hand, I need to finish this book so I can get the full story finally!  These books definitely leave you wanting more!
 
I guess that's it for now! 
I hope you get a chance to read these books and that you love them as much as I do!
 
Let me know what you think about the first in my Reading Material Series, and if you thought I did an alright job (vaguely) describing these books so that it makes you want to read them!


Pin It


17 comments:

  1. Happy Friday.
    visit from Friday blog hop.
    would be nice if you can visit and link up my blog Friday blog hop too.
    Have a great weekend.
    Nan
    http://www.blogshe.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the invite! I joined up last night :) Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  2. Thank for linking up this weekend! Commenting/following from http://fluffimama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I always have books going over here too. I have a Kindle but I rarely use it, I like the hard copies much better (usually)>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE how my house is filled with books <3 Abd I really hope my kiddos continue to love books so much when they're all grown up :) I have a Pandigital reader (like a Kindle) and never use it either! LOL!

      Delete
  4. I teach middle school reading, so I'm always looking for new books! Love James Dashner!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must be such a cool job! I'm loving him too and I'm thinking about checking out the other books he's written!

      Delete
  5. I'm gonna have to check these out. Thanks for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like them! I've been slooowwwwwly reading the 3rd one because I don't want it to end LOL :) Check back soon for another Reading Material post!

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for linking up at the Owl's Skull! I have a quote framed on my wall that says "I was born with a reading list I will never finish." I will be featuring this next week for sure:)!! Be sure to stop back. Much love, Alice

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am definitely going to have to try reading these. They sound like something I will love!

    Came by through TALU and looked around!

    Thanks for writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so awesome! I hope you get to read them!

      Delete
  8. Just stopping by to let you know that I am featuring this link this week at the Owl's Skull. Stop by to grab a featured at button and link up something new. Much love, Jess (aka Alice;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *GASP* LOL :D Thank you so much for the feature!! I grabbed the button, and linked up again! Maybe it's corny, but its a kids reading material series I'm doing :)

      Delete
    2. Not at all corny! I love children's books. Great new post:)!!

      Delete