4.27.2013

I was nominated for a Liebster Award!!



"The Liebster Award is bestowed to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. There are no judges and each person nominated is a winner! It is an award that fellow bloggers nominate to each other to offer recognition and support. According to Google translate, Liebster means ‘dearest’ in German. This means that the Liebster blog award is acknowledging the dearest bloggers out there who may not have millions and trillions of followers, but still deserve recognition for all of their hard work." Source


OH MY GOODNESS!
I got nominated for a Liebster Award by Quana at The Accidental Military Wife !!
What a sweetheart!

 
So here goes....

Here are the rules/guidelines:
  1. List 11 random or interesting facts about yourself.
  2. Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
  3. Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
  4. Ask 11 new questions to the bloggers you have nominated.
  5. Notify the bloggers you have nominated that they have been awarded the Liebster Award.
  6. Thank the blogger who nominated you.  Thank You Quana!!



11 Random facts about me:

 - I hate touching worms, will. not. do. it.  I'm impressed that my 3 year old son will put his own worm on his fish-hook.

 - I just started doing the Ripped in 30 workout from Jillian Michaels, and I already have a love/hate relationship with it.

 - I'm not that great with computers, but I'm getting it figured out.

 - I find it absolutely absurd that I have wrinkles/laugh lines & acne at almost 31.

 - I have probably a million freckles on my back....but not really any where else.

 - I find hypocrites despicable.

 - Sometimes I look at my bookshelves, which are full to bursting, and still can't find a single thing I want to read...unfortunately this also happens to me at the library.

 - The thought of my kiddos going off to school sends me into a panic attack.

 - I have a habit of crossing my pinky toes over my "ring" toes....seriously.  It kind of unnerves S, because let's face it, it's a little weird, but it's actually a very comfortable position.

 - I'm pretty annoyed that S introduced Dude to "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers." 

 - I had my nose pierced for a while.


11 questions from Quana:
  1. What made you to start a blog? Because it just seemed more convenient at the time than a "diary"
  2. Name three blogs that you love to read. People I Want to Punch in the Throat , I like beer and babies , & Life After I "Dew"
  3. Which celebrity’s style do you admire the most? Ehhhhhh, this one is hard for me....I don't really think that there is one.... 
  4. Which fashion trend do you dislike the most? Skinny jeans
  5. Which fashion trends are you most interested in trying? Although it may be behind the fashion times, I love slouchy neck shirts that show off one shoulder....but still haven't found one that I have wanted to really buy...
  6. Name two of your favorite places to shop. Kohl's & Target
  7. If you weren’t a fashion/style blogger, what other topics would you blog about? Well, I'm not a fashion blogger and I laugh at the thought of me ever being one.  What would I write about if I didn't write about my kiddos and my life with them?  I guess I would do a spin on Pins that I've tried out...you know, the ones that go horribly wrong LOL!
  8. What is your favorite dish to make? Anything in the crokpot!!  The easiness factor you know?   :P
  9. Which movie do you enjoy for fashion inspiration? LOL!  This is another one that I can't really answer, I don't look to movies for fashion.  Do I find outfits that I love in movies?  Sure.  But when it comes down to it, I just wear what's comfortable....jeans, t's, flip flops.
  10. What is our best fashion advice for someone trying to redefine his or her style on a budget? Don't be afraid to look into thrift shops.  Remember that the price of the item isn't anywhere near as important than if it is comfortable.
  11. What is your best advice to newbie bloggers?  Don't get discouraged, find something that you enjoy writing about, this helps with writers block!  If you always have crazy things happening to you and your famiy, run with it!  Find your own voice, and for Heavens Sake, DO NOT pretend to be someone that you're not!!  This is annoying!  Do not try to make yourself look like a martyr, or try to make yourself just look good.  This is annoying!  Write from the heart and it will show.
 
 
My Turn!!



    Here are the rules/guidelines:

    1. List 11 random or interesting facts about yourself.
    2. Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
    3. Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
    4. Ask 11 new questions to the bloggers you have nominated.
    5. Notify the bloggers you have nominated that they have been awarded the Liebster Award.
    6. Thank the blogger who nominated You.


    My Nominees:

    Whitney @
    Miss Mama Me
    Kym @ Red, White, & Marine Wife
    Steph @ the Backwards Bride
    Amy @ The Stitchin' Mommy
    Shay @ Trashy Blog
    Teresa @ Freebies 4 my Family
    Megan @ Barefoot Bluejean Princess
    Jayme @ Young Mum's guide To Survival
    Synnove @ Don't Chew On The Dinner Table
    Kelly Marie @ Hiccups and Sunshine
    Ashley @ Forgetful Momma


    My Questions:

    1. What sound do you love most in the world?
    2. What smell makes you gag?
    3. What would you do with a million dollars?
    4. What are you trying to get out of blogging?
    5. What's your favorite alcoholic drink?
    6. What's your guilty pleasure?
    7. Name one "weird" celebrity crush of yours. Be honest!!
    8. Do you read tabloids?
    9. What's your favorite way to wear your hair?
    10. What would you do with one whole free day to yourself?
    11. How many tattoos do you have? Feel free to describe them :)

    Just some easy and fun questions for you :)



    To my nominees, if you participate please leave a comment with your link so I can see you answers.
    I can't wait to hear back from all of you! 
     
    And Thank You again a million times to Quana!!  <3


    Pin It


      8 comments:

      1. You're so sweet! Thank you so much :)))

        ReplyDelete
      2. Congrats on your award. May it be the start of many fine years of blogging.

        Here's a beginners blogger tip: for more comments dump the captcha!

        http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

        ReplyDelete
      3. Congrats on your award. I'm sharing your love of the crockpot! :)

        Visiting today from the Monday Smiles hop. :)

        ReplyDelete
      4. Thank you so much for the nomination!! I'm not sure there are any facts about me that I haven't blabbed about already on my blog, but I'm going to keep this award in mind and try to come up with a few things. Re: facts about you: I love, love, love Jillian Michaels. Ripped in 30, The 30-Day Shred, and Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism are my favorites by her. I just ordered her new Hard Body and can't wait until it comes in. Also, hypocrites annoy the H out of me, too!! Great post, and thanks again!

        ReplyDelete
      5. Hi Celena! Congrats on the award and thank you so much for the nomination! I've gotten this a few times already but I will try to incorporate your answers into one of my posts and send you the link =) Have a wonderful week!

        -Amy
        www.thestitchinmommy.com

        ReplyDelete
      6. You are awesome! Thanks for the nomination Celena ☺ BTW: I have also had acne, grey hair and botox looking lines on my forehead at the healthy age of 28!
        I've already been nominated but will definitely use your questions in an upcoming future post. Thanks again friend!

        ReplyDelete
      7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

        ReplyDelete