** On mine and S.s five year anniversary, I thought I would repost this, just because we love each other so much...insert "awwweeee" ....here.
And I've added my own responses to S.s observations **
And I've added my own responses to S.s observations **
I found this particular blog hop over at From Mrs. to Mama and thought that Becky had something pretty cool going on! So with surprisingly little urging on by me, S wrote one for me! Just one of the many reasons that I love him.....
I may write in my own responses in a later blog, but I wanted to get this up for you all to see!
So here it goes: How my loved one sees me -
- For starters she tries (most often succesfuly) to get me to do things like this. Usually when I'm tired and in a pretty good mood so I won't protest. I left her a nice note on the fridge this morning and I think that opened up her window of opportunity. It's actually not that hard...we love each other, and we're pretty good at compromising and doing little things for each other.
- I saw on another blog that one of "the husbands" said that his wife sings awfully. This is something that he and I have in common but, for some reason, the kids still love it and she still manages to at least look cute and fun when she's singing. I actually exaggerate my horrible singing because I love the sweet smile S gives me as he's rolling his eyes. And the other night, S was actually awestruck by the fact that Dude layed in my lap for so long while I sang 70's and 80's ballads to him.
- She spends a lot of time on the blogs and swears up and down that this is making her money. Cel's problem is that, while she is making money and is overdue for being able to cash in a check, "follow through" is not one of her strong points. She will get to it someday (when we are millionares and don't realize it, at which point google adsense will probably go bankrupt). It is true that I am sometimes not that good with "follow through" but now will not be one of those times. S being skeptical only makes me work harder.
- She is an amazing mother to our 2 kids. I have to spend a few hours a night with the kids a couple times a week and I still can't figure out how the hell she does it. I actually find it quite admirable. I find it wicked admirable that S admits that. I also find it cool that S is so good with the kids and takes on the challenge of watching them by himself while I'm at work, with no complaint whatsoever.
- Celena is a fantastic cook. She is always pinning recipes on Pinterest and, no matter how annoying I find it, she finds some damn good food on there. He stopped laughing about Pinterest after the first few recipes that I made off of Pinterest :P
- She, somehow, managed to convinced me to move up to this little podunk town and raise babies with her here. While I hate to admit it, I do things every day (hunting fishing, etc.) that most people only get to do on vacation and I love it. Thank you for that. It actually wasn't hard, he would follow me anywhere. You're welcome baby, and thank you too.
- Celena doesn't like dishes. I'm not certain if it is an inherrent fear or if she just has other, more important, things to do with her time. I can't say I blame her. Usually she's still pretty good about keeping up with them, but on a not so rare occasion they get way out of control. As a matter of fact just the other day I had to wash dishes so we could eat off of them and just dirty them again. Several months back she started me in on dishes as well. I have to say what bothered me at first, is now completely understandable. I now have the same irrational fear of dirty dishes and am seriously considering throwing everything out and replacing it all with paper plates. This may cause some problems on the gas stove, but I'm sure we'll find a way to manage. It's not that I don't "like" doing dishes, I freaking HATE doing dishes. I dream of owning a dishwasher....and I've already convinced S to not switch over to paper plates :P
- Celena and our dog don't get a long very well. Not that they dislike each other, there's just no respect between them. He thinks he's entitled to his spot up in the corner of the couch encroaching on my usual spot, and she thinks his spot is on the floor. For the love of both of them I can't pick a side here. This has recently escalated to his retaliation, though. Now when she thinks it's time for him to come inside he thinks it's time to go for a run in the woods. I'm sure they'll find some neutral ground some day. Actually, the dog annoys the hell out of me, but, almost a year later, S still thanks me for getting him a dog for Fathers Day, and I like that a lot.
- Celena has a job that she would absolutely love to hate. She tries really hard, and while she does have the occasional bad night, she just can't do it. It's funny that S actually realizes this, he's completely right.
- Celena has been on a workout kick for quite a while now. Much longer than I expected it to last, really. It worked though. When we met she weighed about 130ish. After Dude she weighed about 120ish. After Princess she weighed a little less. She wants to have another baby, but I'm reasonably conviced that there won't be anything left of her if we have another. She may just become a black hole that occasionally ejects a child into the world. Working out has achieved the same goal without any more diapers. I encourage the excercise. I wouldn't all it a "kick" anymore, it's definitely a "lifestyle". Although S was very supportive (and still i!) I knew that he was skeptical when I started and it made me work harder.
- Celena wants me to excrcise, she won't say it outright, but I know she does. I tell her hunting and fishing is excercise but I don't think she believes me. Yeah, he's right. It's not that I want him to workout, it's that I think it would be fun if he worked out with me.
In conclusion, while I may have griped a little bit about her, the kids and I really couldn't ask for more. She is as close to perfect as we can really expect her to be. None of us are perfect either, and I think she does a pretty good job of tolerating us all. We love you Angel and I don't have any idea where we would be without you. Probably all homeless in the woods somewhere. You are the glue that holds all of us together. I love you baby, and I don't know what we would do without you :)
<3 <3 <3