4.17.2013

10 Day Blog Challenge (Day 3)




Check out this 10 Day Blog Challenge hosted by Teresa over at Freebies 4 My Family!  I'm having a lot of fun with this so far but I think that maybe this day will be a tough one....


Day 3 - My favorite childhood memory...
 
 
Seriously, this is going to be a hard one.  Why?   Because I had a great childhood, with so many great memories that there is no possible way that I could narrow it down to one. 
 
 
So, I think that my favorite childhood memory, is how much time I got to spend with my family, my grandparents, my cousins, my brother, and of course my parents.  We were always outside, playing in the woods, camping, playing at my Nana and Papas house, or spending the weekend at my Grammie and Grampas camp way up north.  Most days, I was outside until the sun went down. 
 
How can I combine all of that into one memory?
 
 
Would you like to hear about how my Grampa had a puddle-jumper plane and would fly my brother and I into camp for the weekend?
 
About how my parents, brother, and I would all go on snowmobiling trips for a week in March every year?
 
About how every summer my Nana would have all of the grandkids up to the house so we could all play horseshoes and croquet?
 
About how my parents would have fires in the fire-pit and we would all roast hot dogs and marshamallows on a regular basis?
 
About how I remember sitting in our treehouse with my brother, eating carrots fresh out of our garden?
 
 
 
My brother and I <3 
Don't make fun of my outfit, alright?
 

Hunting season (hence the orange hat) hanging outside with our dog Pearl.
 

Coloring with my brother - like my Smurf toys?
 

Obviously I was a teenager here, with my mom and Grammie and Grampa (dad is taking the picture) stopping for lunch while out snowmobiling one day.
 
 
 
There is now way to combine them.....so I guess that my favorite childhood memory is going to be something more along the lines of a feeling..... of being content. Of feeling loved. Of being thankful for being around my entire family.
Yup, that was pretty cool.

 
 
 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment