2.13.2013

Goal Weight?




So, it's been almost 5 months since I wrote my last progress post (http://mystayathomemamalife.blogspot.com/2012/09/a-new-new-years-eve-aka-progress.html) .....how's it going?  Let's just say that at times I've become very, very frustrated! 

My weight is now fluxuating between 116 and 119....no big deal right? Right?  Well to me it is.  I had set my goal weight at 110, because, lets face it, it's an almost impossible goal weight for me according to my height....unless I want to be skin and bones.  But I don't want to be skin and bones.  I want to be toned, tight, and slightly muscular....should this be my new goal and I should give up on my goal "weight"? 

I'm completely aware of the fact that muscle weighs more than fat....and since I use weights a lot in my workouts, I shouldn't feel annoyed that I can't get down to 110.  But I am.  Seriously, how hard can it be to lose 6 lousy pounds in a healthy way?  Why is it that losing the last few reluctant pounds is so hard?  Should I do some sort of crash diet again and make my family crazy with my hunger induced bitchiness?  Probably not. 

What do I know that I should do?  Add more cardio, which I have done.  Up my workouts each week, which I have done.  I was working out 4 to 5 times a week....helllloooo to now working out 5 to 6 times a week.  The most important thing that I know I need to do?  I need to start running again.  Easier said than done....I'm a baby when it comes to cold weather.  However, S. is home earlier now, so it's at the point where it's still light out when he comes home for another half hour or so, perfect for a quick run.  The sun still up will help out with the chilliness.....I need to suck it up and just go.  sigh. 

When it comes down to it, what I really need to do is stop bitching.  I've worked really hard for the body that I have now and I know that I need to be prouder of it and stop focusing on the number...and more on the results.  That however, is hard when I see something like this, that makes me say... "What the hell, just get it done already Cel."




And then there's this back shot that I love......


="_blank">



And this....
















And why should I stop bitching?  Because this was me about 6 months pregnant with Princess, back in September of 2011....




And this is me now, Feb 2013.....



Yup, those are obliques, and abs, and there's even a beginning of those "triangle" abs at the bottom there....


And here's my own version of that back shot like above....



Is it time to get over my own bullshit and truly realize that muscle weighs more than fat?  Is it time for me to focus more on the results than the end goal?  Or is it time to get over my doubts and just get my ass down to the goal weight that I've wanted for so long....and then move forward with muscle tone?

Whatever the answer is, it includes continuing the workouts....and running.

I'll let you know in April (one year since I started working out regularly) what the results are....








Pin It
 

2 comments:

  1. Finding the time to work out is so difficult!!! Don't stress too much about your weight to the point where you are working out more than enjoying life. It sounds as though you are already a healthy weight! I would give almost anything to be 119 again. :)

    toddlindsey.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsey :) I know, I've tried to stop obsessing about it so much! Now I make sure that my workouts count when I do find the time for them :) Thanks for stopping by and would love to hear from you again! Follow me to read more about me! :)

      SnowAngelMama

      Delete